Friday, February 20, 2009

Fun with MOPS

Sorry for the lack of posts, but Gregory was sick most of this week and not too much has happened since the last post. So today we had MOPS. I had such a wonderful time! It really is making me wonder about what to do about next year. The two top leaders are stepping down because their kids are going to be school-age and that's how MOPS works. I've been asked to step up and lead. If I don't take the lead, there doesn't seem to be anyone else who wants to run the show. Today it made me wonder how I'd feel about not having MOPS at all - I would sure miss the fun times. But then also with all of the organizing that goes on behind the scenes would it be as much fun for me if I was in charge? More to think about...

So more about today...we had what is called workshop day...there was a gal who came and taught us some basic cake decorating tips (we each made our own clown cupcake) then there was a gal who taught us about grinding your own wheat and gave us some ideas for giving our families healthier food (she gave us each a bag of wheat to grind in our blender--and a recipe to make pancakes with it) and lastly we made first aid kits with ziploc bags, a little scotch tape, some embroidery floss, a button and a POTHOLDER! What a great time! Oh and I got to enjoy holding a precious little girl part of the time (Ella, whose about 4 months old or so).

Here are some pics from the day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, I noticed you mentioned a recipe for wheat pancakes. Care to share? We use wheat flour for everything (Wheat Montana has some really nice wheat flour, by the way), and I'd like to try a recipe for pancakes that's actually designed for wheat flour (normally I just use a Betty Crocker recipe for pancakes).