Monday, March 16, 2009

Thankful

Today is a beautiful day outside and we've spent much of it out enjoying it...but now Gregory's napping and I want to blog. There haven't been many days where I've felt like blogging lately...I guess nothing noteworthy enough is going on either. So whenever I'm outside I tend to let my mind wander and today I was reminded to be thankful and to see the awesomeness of God by my devotional...so here are some things I am so thankful for...and I'm sure I'll need these reminders later on when I'm not so thankful :-) Yes, there are those days too.

- Thankful for Christmas gifts that last through the years - I made some bread dough for breadsticks in my bread machine that my parents bought me quite a few years ago (more than seven for sure).

- Thankful for the talents God has given me - I'm in the middle of making dinner for a mom from MOPS that had her baby 10 days ago - I LOVE to cook/bake - I also made banana bread as a treat today for us and them.

- Thankful for a way to earn a little extra money for things like the tangerine bridesmaid dress I need to by for my best friend's wedding - My friend Carla is getting married in July and I'm gonna be a bridesmaid - oh and I earn my extra money babysitting our pastor's two kids.

-Thankful for the AWESOME mountains I get to look out and see EVERY DAY! WOW they are beautiful and with an amazing blue sky too!

- Thankful that Gregory is a happy healthy boy who's almost TWO - and learning more and more everyday. We've been teaching him to hold up two fingers and say "I'm TWO!" He's getting there - so hopefully by April 27th he'll be able to do it :-)

- Thankful that my husband has a job and there's no chance of him getting fired or laid off. The steady income and great health care is nice to have in these days of economic struggle.

- Thankful for wonderful memories - yesterday I helped put on a babyshower for our youth pastor's wife who is expecting their fourth baby in a couple of weeks...this all reminded me of the baby showers we had when we were expecting Gregory...good memories.

-Thankful for love - last night Tom and I were going through pictures trying to find some for a particular picture frame we have...of course there were many memories there, but also a love that Tom and I share is traveling and we've gotten to go so many places.

-Thankful for my husband - I can't imagine being without him and I'm so glad he's here with us. There are so many soldiers and airmen deployed and we've been so blessed to have Tom home...oh and I love the little bouquet of flowers he brought home to me recently...just because.

-Thankful for coupons! I know it's silly, but God has really blessed us financially and given us the means to save money with coupons and it's a fun thing for Tom and I to try to find the best deals around :-)

So there you have it - TEN things I am thankful for - there are sooooooooo many more, but I'll save them for another time.

No comments: