Friday, June 3, 2011

Gregory - the explorer

Most of you will not notice this "little" change to the design of my blog, so I want to take this time to bring it to your attention...Gregory's title has changed from "entertainer" to "explorer".  Gregory LOVES to explore...not sure if this is the right word to use to explain the changes going on in his little head, so I will use more to explain it.  :-)

This week we were talking about science "stuff", so when I said we were going to the library Gregory asked if we could get some science books and movies.  Of course I found some good ones and when we got back from our doctor appointment on Thursday it was too late for Gregory to take a nap, so while Joshua was napping we had fun.  My sister would be so happy about this kind of fun!  Developing Gregory's love of science.  We did some simple experiments and talked about science.  Gregory said, "I love science!"  Another thing my sister would be thrilled to know :-)  My sister is an aerospace engineer and any time she hears of someone leaning towards her love of science it makes her happy.

I am sure there will be more experiments to come with my boys and I am looking forward to the fun we can have with them too!  Can't wait to make a volcano and see it erupt :-)

The more I keep Gregory busy the happier he is and the better I feel about the time I am spending with him, I am glad the dishes wait and the laundry waits for me.  I know that time will not stand still for me either, so I need to make the most of the moments I have with my boys.  Before I know it they will off running around with their friends, not hanging out with me in the kitchen cooking or experimenting :-)

As always, more pics at our shutterfly website...  http://tomandroxannecook.shutterfly.com/

1 comment:

Emily said...

What science book did you get from the library and did it have some experiments for you to do? (As in ideas). :) Looks like a fun time with your little guy. Good reminders about cleaning/laundry can wait. Our kids are only little once! I need to remember that sometimes- and not get distracted doing other "stuff'" that's not really important...
(By the way, this is Emily, Derika's friend from the MOPS playdate last week).