Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This year for Thanksgiving as with all the others we had much to be thankful for.  It's always unfortunate how sometimes it takes struggles to remind us of how blessed we are.  Nevertheless, I am thankful for the reminder.

I am thankful to have my husband home and with us (not deployed especially).  Also, I have known quite a few people who have lost their spouse this past year.  So it's wonderful to have him here with me.

I am thankful for my family (on both my side and Tom's side).  Even though we are an ocean apart, we are only a phone call or skype video call away thanks to technology!

I am thankful for my boys.  Even though they are more and more work every day that goes by, I love the hugs and kisses I get from them and the smiles the bring me.

I am thankful for our apartment.  Even though it's smaller than where we were in Colorado, this is way better than some of the other places we've seen on base.

I am thankful for the few new friends we've been making here in Germany, thankful for the old friends here in Germany and thankful for the friends we've been able to keep in touch with even though we are so far apart from them.

I am so thankful to have TWO vehicles again!  It's really chilly here in the mornings especially.

We had plenty of food on the table, fun crafts to make, even the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and we topped it off with a fun trip to IKEA at the end of the day.



Click here are a few pictures to see how we enjoyed the holiday... http://tomandroxannecook.shutterfly.com/

No comments: