Monday, January 2, 2012

Joshua's 2nd Birthday

So with Christmas past, we moved on to Joshua's 2nd Birthday.  There is only one thing this boy is crazy about and it Choo-Choo's as he says so cute!  So I had been planning a Thomas the Train birthday party and my family got the message so well without me sending out a mass email or telling more than my sister (hmmm....I'll leave it at that) :-)  Before Christmas Joshua only had trains from Ikea (along with a few packs of tracks) a train book and a few Thomas bath toys (he hardly ever played with).  Now after Christmas and his birthday, what doesn't he have?!?  He has little Thomas', a Shake and Go Thomas, a motorized talking Thomas, a Thomas dvd, Thomas Megablocks, Thomas Slippers, Pajamas and a shirt and more!  I found a cute idea online for a cake since I forgot we were in Europe, it's a holiday and no one makes short notice birthday cakes!  Whenever I would ask Joshua what kind of cake he wanted he would always answer "blue", so that's what we did a blue and chocolate marble cake.  Last year a friend of mine had the same "theme" for her son's birthday, so she shared their pinata with us and some other items.  That was super nice since it's hard to find much over hear for parties sometimes.

We had a family from church over to celebrate with us.  They are from Colorado Springs and their youngest daughter is in the nursery with Joshua at church and their oldest daughter is in Gregory's class at church.  Kind of funny that the kids we know that are Joshua's age are girls - and Joshua isn't as picky as his brother as to who his friends are (yet).  The kids had a fun time playing and we had a fun time visiting with Jon & Jen.

Now that I've typed all of this I realized, that I described the event pretty good, but didn't talk too much about Joshua, so I think I'll save that for another post.

Here's the cake and the birthday boy...and as always, more pics here... 



 

1 comment:

Jen Luminati said...

We had such fun! Thanks for including us. Funny how most of my girls' friends are boys.... And I'm so glad neither set are picky about that! We enjoyed our time with you so much. Happy Birthday to your little guy.