Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Easter and Happy Birthday to me!

So this past Sunday was the first time my birthday has fallen on Easter and I believe it is the only time in my lifetime that it may happen.  We celebrated the most important event first, my Lord and Savior's resurrection and then in the evening we celebrated my birthday.  Oh and we even continued celebrating on Monday when we enjoyed my meal of choice, Italian food, from Taormina's in Landstuhl, Germany.

All throughout the week prior to Easter Sunday I had been discussing with Gregory and Joshua the Easter Story.  We had fun with a few different kinds of resurrection eggs.  We made some beautiful stained glass looking crosses (with saran wrap, construction paper, tissue paper and glue).  We also had fun making resurrection  cookies (that had to stay in the oven overnight) and we made resurrection rolls for Sunday morning breakfast. 

We also had a special Easter snack while watching one of the VeggieTale Easter movies.  I took plastic eggs and put snack foods in them and delivered them to the boys in their Easter baskets.  We also did a special Easter egg lunch, where I put each of their meal items inside the plastic eggs and then served the meal in an egg carton to each of the boys.  Both times they had so much fun being surprised with what was inside each egg.

Of course we went to church in the morning and then there were Easter baskets and Easter pictures, Easter ham (which I learned not everyone does to my surprise j/k).  We had a yummy meal and then later in the evening after dinner we had some yummy ice cream cake that Tom & Gregory picked out for me. 

 For my birthday I took a raincheck on my gifts since we are heading back to the states in less than a month, so I get to do some easily justifiable shopping when we are there :-)

So it was a busy weekend, but a nice time to be together as a family celebrating Jesus' resurrection.
And Tom did a nice job helping make my birthday special.  Oh and I almost forgot, but I got BEAUTIFUL flowers from my friend, Amanda.  Daffodils and tulips, very nice spring bouquet.  I was so surprised when she gave them to me last week.


Hopefully all of this rambling will help you understand the pictures if you go HERE to look through them.

No comments: