Monday, May 20, 2013

My baseball player

Last year Gregory tried soccer and it wasn't for him.  He kept saying he didn't like that he couldn't use his hands and wanted to try baseball.  So we got him in and he loved it...he loved that there was a ladybug on his cap when he was in the field :-)  This was the first practice and by the end of the season (which only lasted 5 weeks) he was doing great and has a great natural "batter's stance"...so I think we've found his sport for now...he has some room for improvement when it comes to running (Tom's idea of pretending that a girl was chasing him hasn't worked to well so far)...and he needs to work on catching, which isn't too surprising considering halfway through the five weeks he got hit in the face by a ball that was tossed to him to catch by one of the coaches...there was a lot of blood involved with this injury, but he was back out on the field before the practice was over.

I love baseball, so I hope Gregory sticks with it and that it is "his" sport.  I always loved watching my little brother play baseball, so now I look forward to the days at the baseball field with my boy.

Here's an "artsy" picture from our last baseball game.


No comments: