Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy 5th Birthday Joshua!

A few days ago we celebrated Joshua's 5th birthday and as with all birthdays it causes memories to be jogged about the past, so I thought I'd pull out a photo from the past for each birthday.  The first two were in Colorado, the next three were in Germany and then the most recent was in North Dakota.  Wow, so much has changed in 5 years for this guy.  He's a handful much of the time, but he's loved all of the time.  I think that should be my "slogan with him".  He's cute as can be and knows it!  Since being in North Dakota he has fallen in love with all things John Deere, so we did that for his 5th birthday party theme.  This morning I was asking him if he still loves John Deere and he said, nope, my birthday's over...but the pile of tractors he'll be playing with for years to come is still there to remind us and him, that he still loves John Deere.  Joshua always has something cute to say, but I am usually in too big of a hurry to jot it all down, so the quotes I do grab, they are usually on Facebook for more to share in the laughter he brings.  One of his favorite things to say is "speaking of..." so I will use that here now knowing it's how he's say it... speaking of laughter, Joshua LOVES to go visit Great Grandma Vilhauer who is in a nursing home.  She will turn 95 next month and Joshua can get her (and many other residents) to smile nearly every time he is there.  Joshua is teaching me much as we have to change up discipline styles/methods so many times to try to figure out what he needs and when, I find so many times that when I am disciplining or talking with Joshua I am hearing God speak to me and remind me of how I need to be corrected in my attitudes and issues I am going through.  Raising Joshua is challenging to say the least, yes, we are rewarded in precious memories and hugs many days which helps outweigh the orneriness.  I am reminded over and over again about the verse Joshua 1:9 and I think of it as a verse that I was given to go along with Joshua when he was born.  We have gone many places with Joshua and God has been with us and we will go many more places with Joshua (through various stages of life as well) and God WILL be with us.  Here are where the rest of the photos are https://tomandroxannecook.shutterfly.com/

Joshua 1:9  "This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

No comments: