Tuesday, March 3, 2015

And there was rejoicing in heaven yesterday

So last night when we were tucking the boys into bed, like always, the boys are thinking of how many questions can we ask to delay turning the lights off and then Joshua picked the best questions to ask...

Mommy, are you going to heaven?  To which I answered, "yes".
Daddy, are you going to heaven?  To which Tom answered, "yes".
Gregory, are you going to heaven?  To which Gregory cut his brother off and said, "YES, I am going to heaven".
Are grandma and grandpa going to heaven?  And we all answered "yes".

Am I going to heaven?  So I answered, "Well, do you have Jesus in your heart?"  And Joshua, said, "I want to go to heaven" and turned his head and asked Jesus into his heart as quickly as he possibly could so we could keep talking.  So we kept talking a bit more with Joshua to see if he was serious about this...or was this like other times where he lets the conversation end and moves on to something else.  He kept going with the conversation and we kept going too.  I explained it all further and what this meant, that he needed to want to quit doing bad things and quit trying to be naughty and mean and to want to be more like Jesus and to try to a good boy and make good choices.

So then I told him he could ask Jesus into his heart, to tell him that he is sorry for the bad stuff in his heart and that he wants Jesus to be in his heart.

He turned his head and whispered his own prayer asking Jesus into his heart. 

Good stuff.  So proud of him and looking forward to helping Joshua to be a passionate follower of Jesus. 

This time was completely different than when Gregory asked Jesus into his heart...Joshua has been really slow to understand some things, but I am hoping this means he is making decisions for life because he seems to think them over for much longer.  Where as I know Gregory understands things earlier but he is very committal and makes commitments that he wants to last forever. 

I love my two boys and they mean the world to me and now I am happy to know how I can keep praying for each of them to know Jesus more and more and to love him more and more. 

....and there was much rejoicing in heaven last night when Joshua asked Jesus into his hear.

No comments: