Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day

It's Father's Day and it's Tom's second year being a dad. I am going to take this opportunity to brag on my husband and what a good dad he's becoming. I think it takes a lifetime to become a parent--we're always learning something new.

I love it how you make Gregory laugh until he can't stop.
I love how you are quick to take a matter to God in prayer--whether it's finances, a headache or our upcoming day.
I love how you help around the house...no matter if it's laundry, dishes or a dirty diaper.
I love to see you actively worshiping God...it moves me to be more passionate about worship as well.
I love your passion about youth ministry.
I love how you care so much about your family and how important we are to you.
I love to see your interactions with Gregory...he is teaching us so much.

Yes, I know you're not perfect and I am sure your mom is wondering where you've been hiding all these wonderful traits for so long :-) but I want you to know we love you. And if for some reason you are thinking yeah but I lack in this area or that area, well take that as a nudge from the Holy Spirit--we all have things we need to work on.

Happy Father's Day Tom and remember there's a little boy wanting to grow up to be just like his dad...I know no pressure there ;-)

No comments: