Sunday, June 29, 2008

God's Not Dead

Wow, two posts in one day! Just making up for the fact that I won't be posting much in the next week since we'll be on vacation in SD with family (and the majority of those who read this will be with us). :-)

So my title for this post is "God's Not Dead"--we used to sing this song when I was in what was called children's church at my church--yeah I know some of you are probably thinking, children's church at a church, crazy concept...you may have thought I was going to say at the grocery store or something else. Hahaha...hope the sense of humor comes through :-)

Anyways, back to the song...I was thinking about this song today as I was thinking about some of the ways I've been seeing God and how He is still working and moving. Hope these encourage you as they have me.

Last Wed night in youth group I really felt that Pastor Scott (our youth pastor) was supposed to ask if there were any youth who wanted to be prayed for, I really didn't want to have to interrupt Pastor Scott if he was going in a different direction, so my immediate reaction was to hope God would lay it on his heart too. WOW was I amazed when God did just this :-) It was a neat feeling to know that we (as a youth group) were following God's leading. So some of the youth raised there hands saying they wanted prayer and I got the privilege to pray with a girl who shared with me in previous weeks that there was a lot of fighting in their home and that her parents might get divorced--so she was asking for prayer for this...yes, this was a privilege to pray with her.

Another recent God spotting :-) was today when I was asked if I'd be a part of the publicity team for MOPS. I've been praying about being a part of the MOPS Steering Committee and now God is putting this all together. I really want to share MOPS with other moms who need a friend, need a break from their child(ren), just want to get out of the house, or all of the above. So I am going to be doing a blog for our MOPS group starting this fall as well as helping with other things. I am really excited to see how God uses me and where we go with this.

So now I will end with asking you to pray with me about the two things I just shared with you. Looking forward to seeing more of God and His works.

No comments: