Thursday, July 10, 2008

Garden update

So it's been a little over a month since we planted our garden. Today I picked our first radishes. They are beautiful and yummy! Even Gregory enjoyed biting into them :-)

I am pretty sure we aren't going to get any lettuce and I had to replant the carrots, and I doubt those will grow either. We do have at least three tomatoes and about a dozen cherry tomatoes. We also have a couple of pear tomatoes. The squash plants are growing like crazy, but not blossoms yet :-( The pepper plants aren't doing so well and the cucumbers are just putting along. We've cut down some of the cilantro and enjoyed it in rice. The dill is barely growing and I am thinking we got the wrong kind of onions. Now that I think of it I don't think they had a tag on them as to what they were or maybe I didn't read it very closely. Oh well. We'll enjoy what we get.

No comments: