Sunday, September 14, 2008

Garden Update

It's been a little while since I've given an garden update so here's a new one :-)

Our zucchini is doing awesome! I've made one chocolate zucchini cake so far and need to make some muffins and bread, maybe tomorrow, we'll see. I've also made a couple of side dishes with it too. I really like zucchini. I know it sometimes seems like it's the vegetable you can't get rid of, but I am glad we are getting quite a few from our plants. In fact, I've even shared some with our neighbor (along with some recipes). Below is a picture of Tom & Gregory with our HUGE zucchini from our garden!


The tomatoes are doing ok too...Gregory doesn't let us keep them around too long to come up with very many cherry or pear ones. He loves to eat the yellow and red ones fresh from the garden. Same with the peas...which are almost all done.

The carrots are getting bigger, I think we'll leave these in as long as we can because they are still too small for much.

We get a few pieces of lettuce whenever we need some and that is nice.

The pepper plants blossomed not too long ago again and now the peppers are looking pretty good, so I think we might get a couple of those finally too.

And lastly the cucumbers...I don't think we'll be getting any this year...the plants keep getting stepped on and just haven't grown very good here.

All in all, I am pretty pleased with what we're getting.

No comments: