Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's been too long

I know...It's been too long since I've blogged. It's so funny...I wish people were more consistent on their blogging, but then I hardly am. One of my dear friends who keeps up with me regularly gave me a gentle nudge that it had been a while. I hadn't realized how long it had been, so sorry about that. I'll try to do better :-)

I kind of do have an excuse for this past week at least...Gregory and I have both been sick with colds...so taking care of him and myself was about all I could handle.

The other things that have been consuming my time are a MOPS Steering meeting, church youth group stuff, and helping make spaghetti sauce.

Making spaghetti sauce was so much fun...a group of nine of us gals from MOPS got together to can spaghetti sauce, so we made it from scratch and then canned it. Wow, over 100 jars were made...I was only able to stay up until the 50 jar mark. It was WAY past Gregory's nap at that time...oh and Tom and I were going out on a date that night too. So there were 9 mom's and I think 9 kiddos too (Gregory was the youngest and the oldest was 4 I think)...so yeah crazy! Luckily they played outside most of the time and Gregory did pretty well despite all the love he was getting from the girls.

So I also just briefly mentioned Tom and I went out on a date too...we decided a while back, no matter how poor we get, we will always find money to get a babysitter every once in a while. So we had Lauren (from our youth group) come over and we were planning on going mini golfing in our mall after eating in the food court. Well, the mini golf place is no longer in business :-( So we ate in the food court and then just wandered around together - with no stroller :-) This was a nice time for us to just take time to be with one another. It was a nice time anyways.

So I don't have any pictures that go along with this post, but I can't resist sharing a couple of cute ones of Gregory.

Gregory loves to read books!


Here's just a cute picture from today...of course he wouldn't sit still for a perfect picture.

1 comment:

Jean said...

So glad you and Tom were able to get out for a date! That's SOOOO important. Kevin's mom is here visiting, so tonight Kevin is taking me to a movie while grandma stays with Josh. Looking forward to some "US" time. Grandma also stayed home with Joshua yesterday while Kevin and I went to church--that was the first sermon in a year that I've paid attention to (HaHa!!) Take care, Miss you!