Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Acts of Kindness

When was the last time somebody did something nice for you, just because? Last week I had one of those experiences. It really felt like there was an angel right there in Wal-mart. When Gregory and I were in line to pay for our groceries a couple of ladies walked up to Gregory and asked if he could have a sucker. I said sure and took it for later (maybe). Then the lady went on to say that she had something for me too. The two ladies were from a local church and they were just out looking for people to bless. Amazing. She handed me a gift card for Wal-mart and said it was to help pay for the groceries we were buying. Wow! I thought how neat, it's probably like $5 which is nice, but I was surprised when it came up to $10 off my total. What a blessing from God. I had purposed when I went to the store that I was going to keep my total below a certain amount and this gift card helped do this.

So this reminded me to do something for someone I appreciate...so I picked the pastors of our church. I made blessing baskets for each of them. All eight of them! In the baskets I put four different kinds of breads (zucchini, banana, applesauce and pumpkin). They turned out really cute.

This was also an opportunity for Gregory to help me for the first time in the kitchen. He loves to stir, stir, stir :-)

1 comment:

Jean said...

Wow! That was so awesome! And so sweet of you to make treats for your pastors. I'm sure they were all very blessed!