Thursday, November 6, 2008

Challenging times

Lately I have been trying to come up with things for Gregory to do throughout a day. He's only allowed one movie a day because he'd watch them all day long if we'd let him. I think there are more stimulating things out there for him to do other than sit in front of the tv.

So I have been on a quest to find those things. Here's what I've come up with so far...do you have any other ideas?

  • play in the leaves (and there are tons of them in our yard!)
  • play in his sandbox (but it's getting to cold for this one much longer)
  • play with playdough
  • help me bake something
  • coloring
  • playing on the computer (at playhousedisney.com)
I am sure there are other things we do, but for right now, I can't think of them. One of these days we'll try finger painting, just not right now :-)

Yesterday I painted Gregory's hand, so we could make his handprint on paper for my mom. He thought that was pretty neat...to have paint on his hands and when we ask him where his handprint is he points to the papers that were on the fridge to dry.

Yesterday Gregory also go to play with playdough for the first time at home. This was a fun time and it shows that he is growing up.



Tomorrow is MOPS in the morning and then Gregory has his 18 month check up in the afternoon, so I'll post more tomorrow.

3 comments:

Caren said...

Roxanne, here's some of my ideas:
play with trucks, blocks, building stuff
gluing stuff on paper (my girls love this)
coloring (maybe a little too young...you can always try though)
Make christmas cards with lots of glitter(thats our craft for the time being)
Hope that helps!

Jean said...

I try to get Josh out for a walk in the stroller every day. Other than that, he mostly plays with his toys all day long, or tears up my cupboards! I'll soon have to gravitate into more structured playtime. But for now, it works.

AML said...

Does your local library have a toddler story time? It would be a great weekly outing for you both and he could help pick out new books to read. Good luck!