Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Grandma Marriott

Today I've been thinking of what all has been going on over the past month...one special event was my Grandma Marriott's funeral. This was my mom's mom. It was a tough time and a fun time all in the same week. We shared so many memories of times spent with Grandma and created even more memories as all of my siblings and parents were together for the first time in a couple of years. Unfortunately, not all the spouses and kids were able to join us. Grandma's death was not a surprise and it was nice to know she wasn't suffering anymore. We were plenty busy the whole time we were gone and I greatly enjoyed spending time with my cousins and aunts and uncles. It was to catch up with everyone. Here were some of the highlights...these are the happy times I am choosing to remember over the sad times...yes, we were there for a funeral and yes, it was tough (especially since now both my grandma and grandpa are gone on this side of the family). I do have many special memories of being with my grandma and about her as well, maybe sometime I'll devote a post to her, but not this time.
-BBQ at Lori and Eric's (cousins) townhouses that Uncle Cliff and Aunt Peggy have been helping fix up.
-Frisbee golf at a park with LOTS of memories.
-Touring Uncle Vern's museum...kids playing w/ old stuff and feeding chickens.
-Spending time at Kenny & Olivia's (cousins) with lots of relatives and reminiscing since this is where grandma and grandpa used to live.
-Hanging out at Aunt Joyce & Uncle Rich's house.
-Staying at Uncle Cliff and Aunt Peggy's house with all of my siblings. This was our third time of staying here...felt great to be "home" :-) What a wonderful place to stay!
-Seeing all of the old cars...check out our pictures and you'll see what I mean - my family collects old cars (like Model Ts and Model As)
-Eating at In & Out Burger.

So here is the link to the pictures...http://tomandroxannecook.shutterfly.com/3507

And here are a few special pics from our time in California...



Feeding chickens and ducks just like we used to do when we were kids...fun times.

No comments: