Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Randomness

Yes, this is a VERY random post of some recent things that really don't fit any where else...

First of all be sure to check our photos out as there are a ton of new ones!!!!!! http://tomandroxannecook.shutterfly.com/

I have recently done a LOT of canning (Triple Berry Jam - 36 jars, Pepper Jelly - 12 jars, Pineapple Jelly - 3 jars). I hope to do some salsa soon too...when tomatoes are cheapest. Thanks to Craigslist I've been able to get some cheap jars.

There has been a fox that has been sited in our backyard for many months...we finally got pictures to prove it. Ever since this we haven't seen him around...I hope he finds a new home (closer to where he belongs--in the wild!).


I have also decided to make a pacifier holder for Joshua to keep it easily locatable as well as off of the ground / floor. I found some ideas online on how to make them and got one made yesterday. I am SURE to be making more in the near future...especially since my best friend recently told me of her pregnancy and then there are quite a few others I know too! Pretty exciting.



And lastly, food stuff...I've tried some new recipes too...yummy stuff! Last night we also has a FRESH salad from our garden! So happy that it is doing well especially after the hail storm we had the other night...only lost one small pear tomato. Looking forward to peas, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, lettuce and herbs! More on the garden in another post...Oh and some of the new recipes I've tried were...
Beef Macaroni Casserole
Chicken Fiesta Taco Rice

And then there were good ole' standbys like Baked Beans - yum!

No comments: