Wednesday, September 22, 2010

update (with no new photos - if you can believe this)

This morning I was up and couldn't sleep and then thoughts started running through my head and now I can hardly remember them!  This past week has been a busy one - because that's what helps me get through times when Tom is gone...I guess it just exhausts us all!

We went to the zoo (got to see the tigers fighting) and had a blast!  Gregory's highlight was getting to play in the TWO play areas and feeding his favorite, the giraffes.  I just enjoyed seeing all of God's awesome creations! 

I got to go to MOPS and hear an AWESOME speaker in Jill Savage (Hearts at Home).  I was so encouraged by everything that was said...a few tidbits I took away...
-Put a Bible in each bathroom to "draw closer to God" whenever you get a chance (and read a Proverb a day)--yes there will be little fingers under the door, but I need this time!
-I need to figure out more of what refuels me so that I am not found by my husband broken down by the side of the road. 
-My children cannot be first in my marriage, my marriage must be first or there WILL be bigger problems with my children when our marriage isn't working.
-Jesus DOES understand motherhood - people always wanting to touch him; betrayal; disappointment; tiredness.
-My children's behavior is not what defines me; God is who defines who I am.  Children will do foolish things, they will do childish things.

We also went to a place called 'Lil Biggs and Gregory had fun riding the carousel while I enjoyed some delicious pizza (and of course all this was cheap since I had coupons!)

Then today I pulled some carrots from the garden and shredded them along with some zucchini to make some muffins and bread...I'll let you know how it all turns out.  I am so happy at harvest time!

No comments: