Friday, October 1, 2010

Baking and Cooking

Let me work backwards for a little bit about my recent recipes I've tried...today I made applesauce.  I love homemade applesauce!  It is so delicious and fresh.  I am using the same recipe that I used last year (in my crockpot) but this year I am going to make LOTS more and can it.  This first batch won't make it into the jars :-)

Here are a few pics of the process...since it's not done yet there is no finished picture yet.


The second thing I made today was chicken stock...this is a first for me.  I got some rotisserie chickens for really cheap, so I got all the meat off the bones I could (and froze that) and then I froze the carcasses for when I had the rest of the ingredients and the time to make the stock.  So today was the day!  I got out my NEW LARGE stockpot that I got from my mother-in-law (THANKS AGAIN!) and put the bones, the water, the veggies and a little pepper in the pot and followed the rest of the directions while looking at two recipes and kind of combining them.


A couple of weeks back I made some carrot zucchini bread which has been wonderful!  Gregory loves it and I love the fact that there are veggies in the yummy bread!  (even though it hasn't been a problem to get Gregory to eat his veggies)

I also made some chocolate chocolate chip zucchini muffins...a few of them are making their way into the freezer.



 These last two recipes it's been so fun to use our veggies we've "harvested" from our garden.

Our gardening season is coming to an end even though the temps are still pretty warm here...there are only a few items still producing...tomatoes and zucchinis (hopefully).  Oh and there are a few carrots still in the garden.

No comments: