Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bible Study

So I try not too post too much about spiritual matters mostly because I don't want others to be critical of me or to judge me or my thoughts...but today I just got finished reading over my bible study lesson for tomorrow and I just have a burning desire to write about my thoughts and to get them down on "paper" for me to read later when I need encouragement...so you get to have a peak into my life here.

The bible study I am doing is on Becoming a Woman of Simplicity....something I definitely need in my life, but don't really want.  I like busyness.  It means less time for mind wandering negative thoughts.  It means my boys aren't sitting in front of the tv all day if we are out and about.  It also means I get more praise for what I am doing...finding bargains...when was the last time I was told "great job" for just spending time with God, my boys or a friend? 

Spending time reading and thinking lately has been good for me...it changes my focus back on God...lately I've been struggling with having an angry attitude and it's hard to keep that whenever I am hearing praise music, reading God's Word or thinking about my bible study lesson questions.

Today I REALLY enjoyed reading from the Message bible...Matt 16:19-34 and James 4:7-10.  I like that I could see how the verses applied to my life. 


7-10So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet.
 
James 4:7-10 The Message (emphasis my own)

2 comments:

Jean said...

WOW!!! That scripture really hits home for me, too! I think even though we're so far apart, we're totally in the same season of our lives and having the same struggles. I'll pray for you, friend.

Dinah jo said...

I love that part of our lesson. So touching. It's one of my new life verses.