Saturday, April 26, 2008

Date Night

So the picture below probably doesn't make YOU think of a "date night", but for us it was!


Last Thursday night we got a babysitter (one of our youth group girls--Lauren), and Tom and I went to Supper Solutions, Inc. What a multi-purpose date! We prepared EIGHT meals in an hour! Enjoyed some fun time together in someone else's kitchen--that meant no clean up for us :-) And I got to learn some new recipes I probably wouldn't have tried at home. It was also a learning experience for me. I learned a little more about myself. As strange as this sounds, yes, I learned what I enjoy most about cooking. It's the preparation and the act of putting a meal together. So I learned that what I've been wanting to do for so long...go to a meal preparation place...is not for me. It was nice having everything so prepared for us...all cut up, measurements out and everything all laid out, but that is also what I enjoy about cooking, so I will be doing more of it at home. Now what I've got to come up with now are more recipes for making and freezing at home rather than going out to prepare them and then freeze them. Even though I probably won't have this experience again, it was a wonderful time together with my husband, just chatting as we were working and just working together (yes, we can do this when we want to) :-)

So some of you might be wondering what did we prepare together...here's what we made to put in the freezer: Calzones, Cheddar Bacon Burgers w/Smokey BBQ, Crusted Parmesan Chicken, French Dip Sandwiches, Parmesan Fillet, Santa Fe Steak Tortillas, Stuffed Pork Chops, Summer Catfish with Corn Relish.

No comments: