Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Just everyday stuff

Today we are welcoming a break in our hot weather--only 85 for a high today. So Gregory and I finally got back outside and went for a walk. We walked to our new King Sooper's grocery store. Wow it sure is nice to have a grocery store within walking distance and such a nice store too. This is where we mostly shop since they double coupons up to $1.00 off (in fact if the coupon is $.55 then it becomes $1.00!)

With the price of food rising so much we are sure looking for more coupons to help out.

Anyways, back to walking to King Soopers, so when we were inside enjoying the freezer section, the air conditioning and the new store; an elderly gentleman drove up on a scooter cart and asked if he could give Gregory a candy, unfortunately it was a hard one he could choke on so I said no, but thanks anyways. We went on to have a brief conversation and it reminded me of how much I miss having my grandpa in my life. I have so many memories of times with him and grandma Marriott in California. I sure hope Gregory grows up having great memories of time s with relatives even though we live so far from so many of them. We try to keep lots of pictures around him of family members and we talk about them with Gregory too and of course we enjoy using our webcam too. So we are looking forward to our trip to Missouri this coming Sept to see Betty (Tom's mom) and Beth (Tom's sister) and family. More good times with family to come.

Miss you all.

No comments: