Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone...it's been a very snowy one! In fact this morning at church I overheard someone say "Merry Christmas". What crazy weather we've been having...beautiful warm days and snow on the other days. We've needed the moisture, so it IS a good thing (at least that's what I'm reminding myself with the slushy mess it is out there!)

Once again it's been a while since I've blogged...sorry. I want to do better, really, I do.

I guess I'll work backwards again...

This weekend has been a rough one with Gregory being sick (running a fever and his ears were hurting--but no infection--we even made a trip to the dr yesterday)...and then Tom wasn't feeling well today and this past week I hadn't been feeling too good either (just a yucky cold).

We did give Gregory his Easter basket today and yesterday we got some special presents from my parents too...my mom made me a beautiful apron (almost too nice to wear)...I'll model it for you all someday :-)...and then my mom also made Gregory a cute crayon bag and a tool apron (was to be used for dyeing eggs--but we didn't feel like doing them)...he also got a very cute noah's ark with two of each animal in a pocket (a pocket for each letter of the alphabet)...and a couple of cute books too...more pictures at http://tomandroxannecook.shutterfly.com/


Another highlight was on Friday (before Gregory had any sick symptoms) we celebrated Gregory's buddy, Luke's birthday at Chuck E Cheese. This is one of THREE birthday parties there this month! Luke (our pastor's son) is only a couple of weeks older than Gregory and I babysit him once a week with his sister, Faith, who will turn 4 in May.

Oh and the week before I celebrated another birthday - turning 34 isn't too exciting...but it was nice to spend it with my family :-) In the morning we went shopping and I got some canning supplies for my birthday (yes, this is what I WANTED), Tom also got me a cookbook and a shirt. Afterwards we went out for yummy mexican food and then in the evening was church, so nothing too exciting, but it was a nice time together...that was April 8th.

No comments: