Saturday, March 29, 2008

Busyness & Distance

Where has the time gone? I was looking at the last time I blogged and see it was Tuesday. So I had to stop and wonder what all did we do during the past few days with all of our time. Well, Wednesday there was church in the evening, Thursday we prepared for Friday. We blew up over 60 balloons (not literally--we used our electric air mattress pump) on Thursday night and then had to keep them away from Gregory so they didn't get popped. Then Friday night we were at church for a fun night with the youth. There was a small turnout, but it helped us with getting to know some of the other staff and the youth which did come. Today we just spent a lazy day at home because we know the next week will be a busy one. Sunday Tom will be working during the day, while Roxanne & Gregory go to church and then in the evening we have a youth leadership meeting at the youth pastor's house. And then Tom will be working pretty much the rest of the week, so Gregory and I will try to fill our days with stuff...that's what it ends up becoming...just stuff most of the time, nothing significant, just stuff. I do have Friday to look forward to when I will get to go to MOPS again.

On another note...I was thinking about distance and how a long distance is just that...a long distance...it doesn't seem to really matter if you're a 13 hour drive from someone or a 9 hour flight...well cost is different, but that's about it. The feelings I have really haven't changed much from Germany to Colorado, I still miss friends and family lots. In fact, maybe more so now that I know I am almost close enough to see people, but still not close enough. Kind of an odd thought, but it sort of makes me want to be in heaven...where I really don't think distance will be an issue at all...and there won't be any more goodbyes (I know the Bible doesn't say that, but it DOES say no more tears, so I KNOW this means no more goodbyes).

So to all of you that are too far away to see right now...I miss you all....hmmm that's probably everyone reading this blog.

No comments: