Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Last Friday - MOPS

I've been wanting to blog about last Friday, well, since last Friday, but other things have taken up my time. So I am finally getting around to it. Once again, I had a GREAT time at MOPS. When the speaker was introduced I knew I would enjoy the day so much! The speaker was a franchise owner from Supper Solutions (a meal preparation shop). I have always wanted to go to a place like this and make some meals to bring home and to put in our freezer for later. This encouraged me even more to want to do this. The gal was a christian and she was talking about how even Jesus was concerned about food (the feeding of the 5,000)...he wasn't worried about it. She also pointed out about how it was over food/meals that Jesus imparted great truths as well....so it was a reminder that we do need to put thought into our meals, but also make sure that we have time to spend with family and friends when eating. Anyways, I really enjoyed the tips that were shared as well. I'll share later on one of the ideas once I implement it.

On a side note...when the topic for the MOPS meeting was introduced it was at that moment that I realized I had forgotten to take the dish out of the fridge and put it in the crockpot and then turn it on...so even though I had prepared the meal ahead of time...I had forgotten about it. We still had it for dinner...it just had to be put on high when we finally got home as opposed to slow cooking all day.

The other thing we did at MOPS was a craft...beading a bracelet. It was a tedious craft, but it did allow for fellowship while we were crafting. I really like how my bracelet turned out and who knows I might get inspired to make some more as gifts since they turned out so cute.

Photo Remark: This is a photo of the bracelet I made. I wore it on Sunday with my outfit for Easter.

No comments: