Saturday, March 22, 2008

What I enjoy most

I have been on a quest recently to figure out what I enjoy most in life, or what makes me happy. Cooking makes me happy. I LOVE to cook. I love to talk about cooking. Finding new recipes makes me happy, making a recipe and it turning out tasty makes me happier. The other night while I was getting Tom's lunch ready for the next day, getting a meal ready for the crockpot for the next day's supper AND making the current night's supper--I realized all of this. Recently we have been awaiting purchasing a new freezer--which will allow me to prepare more, so I can enjoy cooking more. So now we are watching Craigslist to try to find a cheaper freezer than what is in the stores--we'll see how long this waiting lasts before we just cave-in and buy a new one. But for now, I am just glad that I can say that I know myself a little better today than I did last week.

P.S. Did you know that if you put the lid on a pan of water that you are wanting to boil...it will boil faster? Who says you can't learn anything from watching the Food Network :-) Thanks Rachael Ray!

Photo Remark: After all the cooking I did while we were in Germany the crockpot my mother-in-law had given me had to go in the trash. So this is the new crockpot we got along with the yummy Pepper Steak that I was preparing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it is awesome that you are figuring out what you like and what makes you happy. So many moms don't take the time to remember that but it can help you find greater enjoyment in this life. I could have told you that you like scrapbooking and cooking. I think you also like knowing about technological advances and keeping up with things on the internet. You are very tech-savvy. You are also very thrifty and good at finding deals and saving money. I love your blog! Keep posting!